Hydrating Facial Treatments For Black Skin
Looking for do-it-yourself hydrating facial treatments?
Is your skin properly hydrated? If your skin is oily that doesn't mean it's hydrated.
In fact, it's possible to have dehydrated dry or oily skin.
Skin that's screaming for moisture doesn't have a supple,smooth texture and looks dull and lifeless.
Dried out skin also tends to show every line and wrinkle.
Let's look at what causes your skin to lose moisture, things you can do to fix the problem and some hydrating facial recipes.
What Causes Dehydrated Skin?
Here are some of the ways your skin can get dehydrated.
- Illness and loss of bodily fluids.
- Too much alcohol and coffee (both diuretics).
- Harsh soaps that leave residue on your skin.
- Cold weather.
- Too much time in the sun.
The good news about dehydrated skin is that it's easy to fix!
- Drink eight to ten glasses of water every day.
- Cut down on drinks with caffeine and alcohol.
- Ditch your harsh drying products for hydrating skin care.
- Keep your indoor air moist, especially if you live in a cold dry environment. A simple way to do this is to put wet towels or pans of water on top of your radiator.
- Use a fine spray bottle with mineral water to mist your face every hour.
Do-It-Yourself Homemade Moisturizing Facial Recipes
A good facial is the perfect cure for extra dry skin. Here are two amazing treatments you can do at home.
This steam treatment will moisturize your skin if you do it once a week.
- Put two tablespoons of chamomile flowers and one tablespoon of dried rosemary into a pot of boiling water.
- Cover and let simmer for five minutes.
- Put the pot on a low table and take off the cover.
- Drape a towel over your head and put sunglasses on to protect your eyes.
- Lean over the pot (not too close, don't burn your face) and steam for five minutes.
- Pat your face dry and finish up with your favorite moisturizer.
Here's a compress treatment you can do when you're in the shower.
- Soak a face cloth in warm water (you can use the mixture in the first facial treatment).
- Fold it into a compress and press it over your face (leave a space for your nose and mouth so you can breathe).
- Leave the compress on your skin for as long as you can.
- Pat your face dry and finish off with your moisturizer.