How To Use Flexi Rods
Do you know how to use flexi rods?
You can do rod sets to create a gorgeous head of perfect ringlets right at home.
If you've ever wanted to try a curly look but didn't know where to begin follow these simple instructions get the perfect curly do every time.
How to Use Flexi Rods Video Tutorial
Here's a video I made to show you exactly how to create a perfect rod set.
What You Need
- Wash and condition your hair, then apply your leave-in and setting lotion.
- Use a tail comb to section a one inch part of hair and comb it through to get rid of any tangles.
- Take a rod and wrap the end of the hair over and under the tip of the rod that's in your hand (use an end paper if your ends are uneven).
- Roll the hair around the rod as if you were doing a normal roller set holding your hands vertically instead of horizontally.
- Keep parting and rolling the hair until your entire head is done.
- Sit under a bonnet dryer on medium-high heat for 40-60 minutes depending on your hair length. Before you take the rods out, feel the ends hair to know if its fully dried.
- Take the rods out of your hair carefully so you don't disturb the curls.
- Depending on how you want to wear the style, leave it as is or separate the curls into 3-4 sections each to get a fuller look.
- Finish off by misting with your hair with light oil sheen.
Tips For Perfect Curls
- This style needs at least five inches of length to look really good.
- When you're rolling the rods if your hair dries out spray it with water or it will come out frizzy.
- Choose a bigger or smaller size rod depending on the final look you want to achieve. You can use perm rods or regular mini rollers to get the style.
- If you're a gym bunny or live in a humid climate this style isn't for you. The dampness will make the curls drop.