How To Put On Mascara For Black Women
Need tips on how to put on mascara? Do you want to learn how to make sure your eyes are always the focus of attention?
Your lashes do for your eyes what stilettos do for your legs. Need I say more?
Take your lashes "out-to-there" with these quick and easy tips.
Simple Tips On How To Put On Mascara
- If you need to curl your lashes with an eyelash curler, do this before you put on your mascara.
- Use a clean wand (or spoolie aka disposable mascara wand) to apply your mascara to reduce the chances of clumping.
- When you apply your mascara start at the base of your lashes. As you move the wand up, wiggle it from side to side to get the most coverage.
- Use an eyelash comb to separate lashes and remove any clumps of mascara.
- Use a combination of lengthening and thickening mascara to give your lashes the biggest boost.
- For everyday wear, brown and black mascaras get the job done nicely. Experiment with colored mascara to make your eyes pop and compliment your eye color and liner.
- Apply mascara to the top and bottom lashes for a very wide eyed look. Only do the top set only for a polished and sophisticated look.
- For the best coverage, hold the mascara wand vertically and swipe it back and forth across the bottom lashes.
- Hold a small piece of paper or tissue under the eye to prevent smudging and smearing the mascara on the rest of your makeup.
- For luscious lashes apply up to three coats of mascara. Be sure to make each coat dry properly before you apply the next.
- Throw your mascara away and get a new one after four months for your healthiest eyes.
- To make your mascara stay fresh don't pump the wand in and out of the tube. Air gets into it, dries it out and makes harmful bacteria a problem.