Problems With Perm Not Lasting
Q: My perms are not lasting after I get them. What do I do? I don't know what is causing this.
Is it the shampoo and conditioner I use? My hair goes back to being frizzy after the week I perm it. Please help!
A: Hi Maggie. Your hair not taking the perm could be caused by several things.
1. You're using the wrong strength relaxer for your hair.
2. It's not being applied properly.
3. It's not being left on long enough.
4. Your hair is porous and the cuticle isn't being sealed properly after you get a relaxer.
5. A combination of two of more of the above.
Do you do your relaxer at home or get it done at a salon? Also can you please tell me the name of the shampoo and conditioners you use?
Please let me know and I can give you further advice on what I think you can do to solve the problem.