How To Treat Oily Skin Tips For Black Women
Want to know how to treat oily skin?
Doesn't have to deal with an oil slick of a face annoy you? I know I hate it.
Running to the bathroom every hour to blot a shiny nose and forehead is embarrassing and a waste of time.
Oily skin does have its advantages. It makes our skin age much more slowly. I love the thought of being carded at fifty, but for now it's just a hassle.
Let's look at some things you can do to cut the shine.
Oily Skin Care Tips
Here are some tips on how to treat oily skin and shrink your pores.
Wash Your Face Gently
Did you know that over-washing your face actually makes it oiler? Washing with harsh cleansers makes oil glands think your skin is drying out. The result is more old production. Theres a better way to go about getting clean skin.
- Wash your face twice a day with a cleanser that's gentle and effective.
- The goal is to get your pores clean without skin irritation.
- Use natural oil based cleansers or glycerin soap with anti-bacterial properties.
- These cleansers get the job done without making your skin angry.
Use Clay Masks
- Clay masks are awesome for drawing oil buildup and impurities out of your skin.
- They cut down your faces grease factor, tighten pores, get rid of blackheads and give your face a smoother texture.
Control Your Stress
- Stress is a big factor in skin oil production.
- A stressful life causes your oil glands kick into overdrive and BAM, your face is an instant environmental hazard (at least thats how its been for me).
- Manage stress induced acne with vitamins that control oil producing hormones in your body. They reduce oil and clear acne at the same time.