How To Make Micro Braids Wavy
Q: How do I make my micros look wavy and fresh?
A: It depends on what type of hair you use. For synthetic hair:
- Braid the ends of the micros and put a perm rod on the ends.
- Boil some water until it's steaming hot and carefully dip the braids into it.
- Dry the braids in a towel (be very careful not to burn yourself with the steam or hot water.
- Wait a minute or two then remove the perm rod and unbraid the hair. For human hair:
- Spritz the ends of the hair with water and lightly add some leave in conditioner.
- Braid the ends of the micro braids then and put perm rods on the ends.
- Tie your head with a silk or satin scarf and sleep with the perm rods in over night.
- The next morning take the perm rods out and unbraid the hair.
The end result in both cases is wavy, crinkly hair.
As for making your braids look "fresh", spray them with a light hair oil 2-3 times a week and tie them down at night. That will keep them looking healthy and beautiful.