How To Keep Hair Healthy With Micro Braids
How do I keep my hair healthy while wearing micro braids?
A: Here are a few things you should be doing to keep your braids and hair underneath in tip top shape.
1. Wash your braids once a week with gentle shampoo.
2. Only use liquid leave in conditioner or braid spray (I highly recommend The "Better Braids" brand) in your hair and not creme types that will cause build up in your hair.
3. Use a light oil on your scalp 2-3 times a week (preferably one with tea tree oil in it).
4. Don't braid your hair tight...EVER.
5. Take the braids out once every 6-8 weeks and wash and deep condition your hair before you put them back in.
6. Tie your head with a silk or satin scarf at night to keep the style from getting frizzy.
These are just a few of the recommendations. I'll be building a page with more tips on braid care very soon.