How To Get Smooth Skin Tips For Black Women
Want tips on how to get smooth skin?
Are you tired of dealing with dry, rough and flaky skin?
If your skin isn't feeling silky there are two main causes.
- Not enough moisture.
- Slow skin cell turnover.
Let's look at some tips that will get you from rough and dry to smooth and silky in no time.
Drink More Water
- Start moisturizing your skin from the inside.
- Drink at least eight glass of pure water every day to keep your skin supple.
- Water helps remove skin dulling toxins from your system.
Eat your EFAs
EFAs - funny sounding but very important!
- EFAs or essential fatty acids give your body fats that keep skin supple and healthy.
- Eat vegetables, flax seed oil, salmon, walnuts and eggs a few times a week to get all your body needs.
- Sluggish skin cell turnover makes your complexion dull and rough.
- Use body scrubs to slough dead skin.
- It takes the top layer off and exposes the fresh new skin underneath.
Skin Smoothing Scrub
Here's a great recipe you can use to make your own body smoothing scrub at home.
- 4 cups coarse brown sugar
- 1 ½ to 2 cups jojoba oil
- ½ to 1 cup apricot kernel oil
- 3 drops of your favorite essential oil
Mix together to and store in a glass jar.
The ingredients tend to separate so mix thoroughly before use. Use a handful daily in the shower to exfoliate dead skin cells and moisturize at the same time.
Get Skin Peels
- A best kept secret for smooth skin.
- Peels (usually glycolic) remove the top most layers of skin.
- It takes away rough scaly patches and irregular discoloration on your skin.
Use Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- These skin smoothing treatments work like chemical peels but aren't as powerful.
- Hydroxy acids are in products like cleansers, toners and moisturizers.
- They work gently and are very effective over a period of time.
- They're good for maintaining results from chemical peels and keep skin cells turning over.