How To Flat Iron Black Hair
Want to learn how to flat iron black hair?
Get a smooth as silk hair straightening finish with these simple instructions.
What You Need
- Use snag free clips to pin your hair up and work from the back to the front.
- Use a tail comb to part a one by half inch thick part of hair from the back section of your head. Comb through any tangles.
- Give the section a very light mist of heat protectant and wait a few seconds for the extra moisture to evaporate.
- Put your flat iron (use a one to one and a half inch plate size) on a medium heat setting.
- Starting at the base of your hair, clamp the iron and move it in a smooth continuous motion down the length of your hair. Glide loosely but firmly so it doesn't snag your strands.
- Go over the section again using the same stroke (no more than 2 times) until it's completely smooth and has a silky look.
- Move on to the next section and repeat until your entire head is done.
Flat Ironing Tips For A Sleek Healthy Finish
- The key to getting a smooth finish is working thoroughly and in small sections.
- Never ever use the flat iron on the highest setting - you'll burn your hair off!
- Always flat iron clean hair with a clean flat iron. If not, you run the risk of breaking your hair off.
- Don't flat iron your hair more often than once a week for your healthiest hair.
- Wrap your hair to keep in straight after you flat iron.