Hair Breaking Off In One Spot
Q: I have an issue with my hair breaking off in one certain section of my head. It's always in that same spot and I don't know what to do. The rest of my hair seems fine. Is there any reason for this?
A: There's always a reason for hair breaking off even if it's not very noticeable at first.
You didn't say what spot on your head keeps breaking (nape, crown, edges) but spot breakage is usually caused by one of the following things.
1. Wearing the hair in the same over and over.
2. Pulling the hair too tight in the same spot.
3. Over processing the same spot.
4. Resting the head on the same spot.
5. Unconscious "picking" in the same spot (hair twirling, etc)
6. Hair weakened by heat styling in one spot.
Usually the way to treat it is to first pinpoint what's happening with the section of hair and if it's any of the above, just stop doing it and the hair will stop breaking.
If it's none of the above and the hair is still breaking it may just be a matter of strengthening your hair with regular deep protein treatments.