Eyebrows Shape Tips For Black Women
Figuring out the right eyebrows shape to suit your face can be a challenge. Here are some tips to point you in the right direction.
Why Is Your Brow Shape Important?
Do you tend to overlook your eyebrows and just let them grow wild?
If so, BIG mistake!
Your eyebrows are one of your most important facial features. Think of it like this; if eyes are the windows to the soul, your eyebrows are the curtains.
- They frame your eyes beautifully, add balance to your face and make it look symmetrical.
- They can totally change the way your face looks.
- Getting them right is just as good as getting a complete makeover.
- They make your face look finished with no other makeup on.
How To Find The Right Eyebrow Shape
Here are some step by step tips for finding the right eyebrow shape.
- Use a straight edged object (a pencil or orange stick works well) and hold it vertically along the side of your nose so it reaches up to where your eyebrow starts (A). The place where the pencil meets your eyebrow is where it should naturally start.
- Use the pencil again, look straight ahead and line up the pencil with the center of your pupil. The place where the pencil meets your eyebrow is where your arch should naturally start (B).
- Hold the pencil at a diagonal from the outer corner of your eye to the corner of your nose so it extends up over your eyebrow. The place where the pencil meets your eyebrow is where your brow should end naturally (C).
- Repeat the steps for your other eye.
Tips For Shaping Beautiful Eyebrows
Here are a few guidelines for the different types of eye spacing and the best eyebrows shape for each.
- Close-Set Eyes: Start your brow slightly in from the inner corner or you eye. Make your arch just outside the center of your eye. Finish your brow just outside the outer corner of your eye.
- Well-Spaced Eyes: Start your brow right above the inner corner of your eye. Make your arch over the center of your eye. Finish your brow above the outer corner of your eye.
- Wide-Spaced Eyes: Start your brow closer to your nose. Make your arch slightly in front of the center of your eye. Finish your brow above the outer corner of your eye.