African American and Black Hair Twists
Black hair twists are a fast and simple hair style you can do by yourself at home.
They're perfect whether you have natural or relaxed hair.
A great thing about them is their staying power. If you do it properly the style can last a whole week (maybe even two!).
Here are simple steps on how to do a perfect twist.
What You Need
- Wash, condition, towel dry and coat your hair with leave in conditioner.
- Use your rat tail comb (or your fingers) to part out a section of hair as big or small as you want the twist to be.
- Take some of hair gel or hair butter and apply it to the section of hair you're going to twist.
- Take the section of hair and split it in two. Starting at the roots, begin to twist the two pieces of hair around each other (up and over) in a clockwise motion until you get to the ends.
- If the ends of don't stay together by themselves, use mini hair rods to secure them and make them curl up.
- Sit under a hooded dryer for 20-30 minutes to help the style set.
- Once the ends of your hair are dry, take out the mini rods and mist your hair with light oil for sheen.
Tips For A Perfect Twist Style
- If your hair gets dry while youre twisting, use a spray bottle with plain water to make it damp again.
- Maintain a twist set by sleeping with a silk or satin scarf over your hair at night.
- In the morning mist lightly with water and hair oil and fluff it up a bit with your fingers to bring the style back to life.
- Want an easy style switch? After a week or so, pull the twists apart and wear a fun a funky twist out.